Want to rank well in Google.com.au? Or do you have some other questions?
We can help!! Please call 0409148366 or fill in the form
SEO FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What exactly does “SEO your Website” mean?
SEO is an acronym for “search engine optimisation”. You would hire an SEO Expert or Specialist to improve your site and raise its ranings in the search engines for the best, most relevant search phrases. Typically an SEO Agency will…
- Review and adjust of your site content or structure to meet Google’s requirements
- Help or suggest content development
- Develop Backlinks form a variety of reliable sources
- Keyword research
- Optimise your Google My Business Profile
- Optimise Social Media profiles and activity.
2. What If I Only Service A Local Area – Would Digital Marketing Be of Any Benefit ?
Absolutely! If you are a local business servicing a small(ish) region or area then certainly getting views from people in another city or country is of little importance. But getting in front of the people in your immediate area – that is of prime importance.
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles. (Wordstream, 2016)
- 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (Google, 2016)
- Local searches lead 50% of mobile users to visit stores within one day. (Google, 2018)
We will include optimising your Google My Business profile and Maps listing as part of the SEO process.
3. What if I service all of Australia?
If you are an Australia wide company the local traffic might also be important but a bigger more embracing strategy will be required. You have to realize that
- 90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search. (Status Labs, 2018)
- 84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website. (Blue Corona, 2018)
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer. (Wordstream, 2016)
- Only 29% of people want to talk to a salesperson to learn more about a product, while 62% will consult a search engine. (HubSpot, 2016)
- 40% of salespeople say getting a response from prospects is getting harder. (HubSpot, 2018)
Here your suggested / ideal SEO strategy may include more than 20 keywords depending on the size of your website and the scope of your services. You can of course always start with the smaller plan and work up to the larger one.
4. Should I do Social media As Well?
yes yes and yes!! Social media might be your best friend or your worst enemy
- As of June 2018, Facebook had 1.47 billion daily active users and 2.23 billion monthly active users. (Facebook, 2018)
- 74% of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes. (HubSpot, 2017)
But it does take a lot of time to post fresh content at least 3 times week! Something that is often best left to someone else who has more time for these things (Rankwell!)
You may wish to run paid ads in Facebook or LinkedIn which is also something we are expert at.
5. Cant I Just Buy Traffic ( Google Ads)?
Yes you can. We love Google Ads – infact we manage a number of very successful campaigns (campaigns that spend many tens of thousand of dollars each month. They also get many tens of thousand of visitor to their websites as a result.) And yes we are happy to just run paid ads on their own for you, without any other Digital Marketing in place.
But… Google Ads is not for the faint hearted or the ill prepared. It can be expensive to run and tricky to master, and just when you got your head around it Google changes it all. If you run Google Ads by yourself and you haven’t read the latest updates by Google and minimally Perry Marshall’s guide to adwords then the best advice we can give you right now is STOP! Place those adwords on hold until you get yourself up to speed. Or better still do what the best managers do – delegate it to us!
6. How Long Before I see Results with SEO?
The bad news is .. SEO takes time. This is not by our wish or design but how Google themselves have set it up.
Here is what they have to say about it…
Our SEO plans are all structured over a 6 month period.
However there are no lock in contracts or penalty clauses, so should something happen mid plan simply give us a few weeks notice and we can stop or pause what we are doing.
7. Does Google Ads help my websites SEO?
Directly.. No. We have customers who swear that they see more organic traffic (from Search results) when they run Google Ads but that might just be due to the increased exposure. Per Google, advertising with Google Ads won’t have any effect on your site’s presence in your search results.
However there is one advantage for SEO that running a Google Ads campaign gives.. speed of feedback. Google Ads is fast and allows an SEO company to quickly see what search phrases are pulling traffic and which ones are converting. Useful data that can then be used to further improve the website and it’s SEO
8. Can You Guarantee To Get me To Number One Spot?
No. Sorry. We don’t own Google (unfortunately!) and so such a guarantee is not within our power to make.
What we do know though is what works and what Google recommends and looks for in a website
So we can definitely guarantee to improve your website’s ranking and visibility in Google and improve your website traffic and conversions as a result.
9. What About Other SEO providers that Guarantee To Get me To Number One Spot?
Our advice is avoid them. The only possible way they could make such a claim is if they get you a number one position for a long-tailed search phrase that no-one searches for. If you sold blue widgets they might get you a number one spot for the phrase (say) “How many blue widgets can I get in the back seat of my car”. A possibly useless phrase that few people search for!
NOTE: If you did sell blue widgets and this was a genuine question Google will probably pick the data up from your website automatically anyway.
10. What if I cant afford a monthly commitment?
We get it… you may be a single operator business or start up with limited budget available. Committing to a monthly expense may not be possible right now, but you still need to get more visibility and traffic from Google to get to that point. Catch 22 !!
Fill in the SEO inquiry form on this page and tell us more about your business and plans and we will devise for you a one-time SEO plan which will bring you closer to your goals – without any ongoing commitment or expenses.